- Established in 1971.
- To ensure safety, health and welfare of the
- Enforcement of The Factories Act, 1948 and
made there under .
- Registration of Factories.
- Approval of factory building plans(drawings).
- To guide Major Accident Hazard units from
safety point of view.
- Investigation of accidents and dangerous
occurrences in factories.
- Enforcement of The Boilers Act, 1923
Rules made there under .
- Enforcement of
Indian Boiler Regulations, 1950.
- Registration of Boilers.
- Inspection of Factories.
- Inspection of Boilers.
- To conduct the examination of I class & II
class boiler attendants.
- To conduct the examination of boiler operation
- To approve the steam
lines of boilers.
Payment of Wages Act, 1936 and Rules made there under
- Imparting training to industrial workers,
supervisors and engineers at safety museum and
training centre, Jaipur.
- To collect and analyze samples taken from
environment of factories.
- To conduct medical surveillance of industrial
- Enforcement of safety and
health provisions of the Building and Other Construction Workers' (Regulation
of Employment and Other Conditions of Service) Act, 1996